Original commit broke the build, since some dependencies have breaking changes. This reverts commit
|4 years ago|
|app||5 years ago|
|bin||7 years ago|
|config||5 years ago|
|db||6 years ago|
|doc||5 years ago|
|frontend||5 years ago|
|lib||5 years ago|
|log||11 years ago|
|public||6 years ago|
|realtime||6 years ago|
|script||7 years ago|
|spec||5 years ago|
|.agignore||6 years ago|
|.babelrc||7 years ago|
|.buildpacks||7 years ago|
|.codeclimate.yml||6 years ago|
|.eslintignore||7 years ago|
|.eslintrc.js||6 years ago|
|.example-env||6 years ago|
|.gitignore||6 years ago|
|.nvmrc||7 years ago|
|.rspec||8 years ago|
|.rubocop.yml||5 years ago|
|.ruby-gemset||7 years ago|
|.ruby-version||7 years ago|
|.simplecov||7 years ago|
|.travis.yml||6 years ago|
|Gemfile||5 years ago|
|Gemfile.lock||4 years ago|
|LICENSE||9 years ago|
|Procfile||6 years ago|
|README.md||6 years ago|
|Rakefile||5 years ago|
|Vagrantfile||6 years ago|
|config.ru||5 years ago|
|package.json||4 years ago|
|webpack.config.js||6 years ago|
|webpack.test.config.js||6 years ago|
What is Metamaps?
Metamaps is a free and open-source technology for changemakers, innovators, educators and students. It enables individuals and communities to build and visualize their shared knowledge and unlock their collective intelligence.
You can find a version of this software running at metamaps.cc, where the technology is being tested in an open beta.
Metamaps is developed and maintained by a distributed, nomadic community comprised of technologists, artists and storytellers. You can get in touch by using whichever of these channels you prefer:
How do I learn more?
- Contact: email@example.com or @metamapps on Twitter
- User Documentation: docs.metamaps.cc
- User Community: hylo.com/c/metamaps
- To see what we're developing, or to weigh in on what you'd like to see developed, see our Metamaps Feedback and Features board on trello
- To follow along with, or contribute,to our design process, see our Metamaps Design board on trello
- To follow along with, or contribute to, our development process, see our Github Issues and Pull Requests
- Request an invite to the open beta here
- To send us a personal message get in touch with us via email, Twitter, or Hylo
- If you would like to report a bug, please check the issues section in our contributing instructions.
- If you would like to get set up as a developer, that's great! Read on for help getting your development environment set up.
Installation for local use or development of Metamaps
First off is getting the code downloaded to your computer. You can download a zip file from github, but if you've got
git you can just run
git clone https://github.com/metamaps/metamaps in your terminal.
There are instructions for setup on various platforms, with particular support for Mac and Ubuntu, which can be found here:
If you prefer to isolate your install in a virtual machine, you may find it simpler to setup using Vagrant:
We don't promise support for Windows, but at one point we had it running and we've kept those docs available for reference
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License for more details.
The license can be read here.
Copyright (c) 2017 Connor Turland